Saturday, September 18, 2010

Two Men, Good Food and a Drink

to the two S in my life:

they pamper me, listen to my rants, laugh at my silly thoughts, laugh with me on my wild fantasies, indulge me,  soothe me, scream at me, make fun of me. there is something very comfortable about their company. maybe  because i dont have the fear of being judged. maybe because i can share my deepest fears and my darkest secrets with them and they'll just roll their eyes. these two men can lighten-up a grey movie and make it  into full technicolor. sometimes i just stay in their company to get that infectious enthusiasm they have for life.  the silly talks about men, clothes, fashion, chick-flicks. their care-o-damn attitude. when we have one of our  talkathon sessions, i end up saying - "we are so crass, cheap and vulger. we will surely go to hell :D" and then i sleep with a content smile on my face.

when i see them fighting for the survival self, my heart fills with so much pride. i have a strange sense of  ownership on them. i have seen them in their weak moments. when the self-assured, unapologetic demeanor  comes down to reveal individuals who are just as insecure and lonely as everyone else. who need love, assurance, acceptance just like everyone else. their world is so different from me, yet is so similar.  

i celebrate them everyday.

..........

on a different note: its amazing what a good meal can do to you. it uplifts your spirits, soothes your soul and you feel: ahh...all is well with the world now !


its been six months since i have had a single drink ! six months :O. the weather here is so non-conducive for any hot drinks (other than coffee and tea). i am yet to find my favourite brand of Moscato D'Asti :(. heck, i am yet to find any Moscato D'Asti.

No comments:

Post a Comment