Saturday, October 22, 2011

The E-word

Part of living is having expectations. yes. it is a repulsive word, it is a scary word. but it is a very basic human emotion.

I have tried living with reduced expectations, but it doesnt work too well for me. i end-up struggling way too much with myself. and part of living well is choosing our battles. not all battles are worth fighting. it is true that less expectations causes less hurt, but it somehow feels as if i would have to live my life in a half-hearted measure. as if i would never be able to enjoy the good moments and always be weary of them, for the fear of losing those good moments.

That just feels wrong to me.

I would rather have expectations, but know that they might not be met. try to not take it personally if they happen to crumble and crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment