Thursday, September 30, 2010

judging and opinionating

Sometimes there is more sadness in acceptance, than in rejection.

five years back i had thought that five years from then i would be sorted-out in my faith, beliefs, opinions, ideals. five years from thence, i still find myself at cross-sections all the time. some would say i am too malleable about my opinion. others may appreciate that i am still willing to learn, change and accept things that dont immediately agree with me. 

and then there is the tiny fact that i have an opinion about everything. and i have learnt to be unapologetic about it. i have also learned to remain silent unless my opinion is asked for. this learning process hasnt been easy and sharp criticisms have been showered on me from some of the best people i have known.

more pertinent question: is it really impossible to remain free of judgment ? or is it that when we claim to "not judge", the subtle text is, "we have already judged and formed an opinion. but we arent going to let that come in our way".

Everyone judges.

No comments:

Post a Comment