Thursday, August 12, 2010

I shrugged

You know the what scares me the most about love ? By love meaning anyone you love - your parents, siblings, friends, fiance/life partner. more than guilt, the strings attached, the commitments, the burden, the fights, the tears...

when one person shrugs his/her shoulder and says "i cant care what you think" or "do whatever you want".

it doesn't need to be about the difference in ideology or point of view. probably that, we can agree to disagree. but not when one person's action or words doesn't seem to make any difference to the other person, that is something i find almost chilling to the bone.

we make it a point to say this, make it bold, underlined and italicized that "we don't care what the world thinks of us, except that we care what a few important people think about us, say to us or perceive about us." and i try to follow this tenet to the last word. but i am mortally afraid for that relationship when one amongst them gives me the cold shoulder, or says, "well, do what you want, i don't really care". how can that be possible ? when the person in front of you is so important to you (and assuming this attitude is definitely two-way street, say in case of parents, siblings whom we are genetically programmed to love), how can it not matter ?

even the part-cynicist in me doesn't understand it....

1 comment:

  1. you right such relate-able stuff..! I know that feeling well, not becoz someone gave me a cold shoulder but fear of commitment makes me do it to others..! I know its wrong and I hate to do it..

    I loved to be loved and like to be listened to, I carry on with a debate/ argument till someone close to me doesn't see my point of view- but I can't I do the same at times, I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete